The reality of the world in which we live is that people change jobs and careers more frequently due to the pace of technology, cutbacks in the workplace, dissatisfaction with their current career, or a desire to do something different. I help clients to understand themselves better and to see themselves more realistically so that they can make satisfying career choices.
I begin by assessing career-related skills, interests, individual style, intelligences, and values. Sometimes the work involves helping clients to overcome anxiety about the job search process. Other times the work involves helping clients to understand their strengths and abilities. And sometimes, the work involves helping clients to make peace with their current job and to figure out what is getting in the way of their advancement. Additionally, I use my experience as someone who has successfully changed careers to inform the decision-making process.
Success stories of clients that I have helped in their careers:
- Helping a merchandising executive transition into the role of sales manager at a successful digital start-up.
- Helping a corporate accountant reestablish his career after taking a position at a hedge fund.
- Helping a photographer implement a career change to become a physician’s assistant after he decided that his strengths were better suited to healthcare.
- Helping a corporate attorney at a large public company understand that she had the skill set to become the General Counsel.
- Helping a computer specialist transition within his company from his position as a computer technician to a corporate trainer.
- Helping an independent sales representative transition into retirement while helping him to deal with a loss of identity and moving forward to pursue other interests.
- Helping a corporate attorney to manage his anxiety so that he can continue to advance within his firm and achieve his goal of becoming a partner.
You can schedule an appointment by calling 347-693-3053.
Eric Leventhal, LCSW
145 W. 86th Street
New York, NY 10024